There are thousands of podcasts you can listen to as a clinician, but it’s hard to know where to start. Well fear not, we have the answer for you! We’ve put together a list of 11 great podcasts every healthcare professional should be listening to in 2020. This list doesn’t cover one type of experience, but the experiences of nurses in all walks of their careers.
Are you a student nurse looking for advice on how to ace your NCLEX? We’ve got you.
Are you a tenured nurse who’s looking for a chance in scenery? Look no further.
Are you a nurse who is looking for better ways to handle stress in the workplace? Worry no more.
Are you a nurse interested in current events that affect the industry? Consider yourself a scholar now.
Anything you’re looking for to get the most out of the already amazing nursing profession, we’re here to help. Read on for the good bits you’re looking for!
- Nursing Podcast by NRSNG
- This podcast is the best starting point for any nurse trying to get through nursing school. If you need a good pep talk, this is where you go! Jon Haw has the special talent for detailing out information that every student needs to know, while also taking care to not over-complicate what he’s talking about. The acronym NCLEX isn’t so scary anymore with this podcast on the market!
- Daily Nurse – Nursecasts
- If you’re looking for some current event issues that the nursing world is facing, then Daily Nurse is the podcast for you! Hot-button healthcare topics, ethical issues within the healthcare spectrum, and the daily occurrences of different specialties is all included within this podcast. The content is informative and interesting, and all you need to stay up-to-date on your industry overall!
- Q the Nurse
- Swardiq “Q” Mayanja is that nurse on the floor who starts a great conversation with everyone that he meets. He speaks about everything in an interesting way, even the less positive subjects. This podcast brings a different spin on healthcare news, with some engaging interviews mixed in.
- The Nurse Keith Show
- Career development is one of those subject matters that not a lot of people know where to start with. Nurse Keith has been through it all and has some advice to share! The job market, career changes, and a greater appreciation for the job you do (on those super tough days), are all things he can shed some light on to get you moving in the right direction.
- Good Nurse Bad Nurse
- We’d like to believe that we’re prepared for every interaction we would have going into a position, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The Good Nurse Bad Nurse podcast shows both sides of the story from two different nurses. It follows the template of giving a similar scenario with a terrible experience had by one nurse, and one very heartwarming experience had by another. If you’re someone who likes having all the facts, then this could be an eye-opening podcast for the curious clinician.
- The Working Nurse Podcast
- Ever have a question that you wish you could ask a fellow nurse, but didn’t know how to go about it? Feeling valid in your concerns, small or large, is such an important part of learning on the job. This podcast helps get to the bottom of anything floating around in your head, all in the time of your daily commute.
- Untangle (Mindfulness Podcast)
- If Nursing isn’t a career that requires a little downtime, then we don’t know what is! Taking stock of your brain health is just as important as your physical health. The content covered in this podcast goes over everything from mindfulness to best practices in controlling stress. There are tons of different expert opinions from psychologists, neuroscientists, nutritionists, and even Buddhists. Take care of yourself and keep your mind right for your next shift saving lives!
- Amateur Traveler
- Becoming a traveler can be new and uncertain territory. Chris Christensen’s award-winning podcast details out the travel world and some of the best ways to make the most out of this type of assignment. He explores cities around the world and gives each traveler a glimpse of what their life could be like were they to take an assignment in that area. This nursing travel guide is at your service!
- Your Next Shift: A Nursing Career Podcast
- Need some motivation to make it through your next shift? Just like the name, this is the podcast you need in your life to feel great about the job you’re doing long-term. A little bit of supportive guidance is all you really need sometimes to feel rejuvenated in your career. This podcast is your best friend from now on, okay?
- MedTech Talk Podcast
- Have you ever wanted to sit down with a healthcare leader and figure out what’s been going on with the business side of the industry? Here’s your chance! These CEOs, entrepreneurs, and investors are all open and honest about their practices, and what they’re doing to move healthcare in the right direction. Innovation is key in their lives, and they are happy to share what they believe is making the best impact.
- TEDTalks Health Podcast
- TEDTalks have always been an enlightening source across all subject matters. They give different perspectives on topics facing the world today. TEDTalks has a specific sector designated for health-related issues. This podcast covers everything from mental health solutions to synthetic biology risks. Take a step outside the hospital walls and learn some more about the health world at large!