CMS Employment Requirements
To become a member of the CMS team, you must complete our credentialing and hiring process. Our HR team will work with you to tailor your hiring process to your specific assignment. You need to have a contract confirmed or plan to work immediately available PRN shifts in order to complete this process. If you would like to expedite your placement and hiring process, please begin gathering the documents listed below.
What you Need to Get Started (Mini Profile)
- Current comprehensive resume (sample) in word document format:
- Resume must clearly outline experience in your area(s) of specialty – two years is required for most hospital placements
- Must include all work and education history
- Work history must clearly outline dates worked with each prior employer (month and year, not just year) and in what area of specialty you worked
- Any prior agency employment sections must breakdown dates worked at specific facilities and in specific area(s) of specialty – the more specific you can be, the better
- Application – revisit the application web portal or apply now to complete – make sure you fill in your DOB and SSN as many hospitals require this information to check your health system eligibility before they will schedule an interview.
- Professional references from managers and/or supervisors in the past two years (minimum 2 references) – click HERE to input your supervisors information and they will be emailed a reference request. Please alert them that they will be receiving an email from us for this request (and possibly a phone call if they do not complete).
- Skills Checklist in your area of specialty – this is a self-assessment of your relevant clinical skills to the position you are pursuing; we will assign this via the application web portal once you have applied with us
- Start Date – start to think about when you would want to start an assignment, including if you would need to give notice to a current employer
- Time Off Requests – start to consider what time off you may want to request during your assignment; try to keep it to one week or less of total requested time off
Required Documentation – All Employees
- Everything listed above
- Two supporting documents required for I-9 (Passport, Permanent Resident card, Drivers License, Social Security card, Birth Certificate, etc.)
- Current CPR for the Health Care Provider issued by the American Heart Association (for clinical placements)
- Current TB Screening (PPD, Chest X-Ray with accompanying symptom survey, etc)
- Various online items that our HR team will assign you (including documents you must sign and tests you must take)
Required Documentation for Hospital placements (may vary based on your license / certification type, area of specialty, and specific facility requirements)
- Current ACLS, PALS, NRP as required for your area(s) of specialty
- Education verification (copy of your diploma or transcript)
- Annual physical exam or general statement of good health with no work restrictions – download form by clicking HERE.
- MMRV titers or vaccination series
- Proof of Hepatitis B immunity or signed declination
- Annual Flu vaccine
- Annual Fit test
- TDaP vaccine
Items to be Processed Internally, as applicable
- Verification of current professional license
- Drug Screening
- Background Screening
- Verification of employment, education history, professional references, etc
For more information about any facility, please click HERE.
For additional documents and forms, please click HERE.